ERIM (formerly known as IREX Europe) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative projects to promote human rights, strengthen independent media and civil society. The ERIM approach emphasises partnerships with local development organisations to bring about change through training, partnerships, education, research and subgranting schemes.
ERIM is looking for a Lyon-based Project Manager to work on our civil society, media development and human rights projects in Eurasian and Eastern Partnership countries.
• Provide support for the implementation of different donor funded projects, directly managing projects and working with partners and other Project Managers on administration, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and project tracking.
• Identifying, researching and developing new opportunities and applications for funding within ERIM’s mandate and using ERIM’s specific skills and capacities.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant field of study (political science, human rights, media, journalism, etc.) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• At least five years’ experience in international project management, including sub-granting aspects, in the fields of civil society development, human rights promotion and/or media development
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Pro-active, solutions focused, and able to work independently
• Organised and able to meet deadlines.
• Willingness to travel internationally
• Strong computer skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
• Right to work in the EU
• Based or willingness to be based in Lyon
The following criteria will be considered as an advantage:
• Knowledge of and experience with the civil society and media landscape in Eurasia and Eastern Partnership countries
• Experience of working for EU-funded projects
• Knowledge of Russian would be an asset
The contract will be a 7-month contract (CDD) starting as soon as possible, with the possibility to be renewed.
Gross salary as per French standard, Lyon-based, with flexible 37/week working hours.
ERIM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression.
If you are interested, please send a CV and a letter of motivation to email@example.com before the 24th of June 2022, please put “Eurasia Project Manager” in the title of your email. If pre-selected, you will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.