Erim (Equal Rights & Independent Media) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative programmes to promote human rights, strengthen independent media and civil society and empower individuals through developing critical thinking skills, enabling them to take informed decisions and to claim their rights. The Erim approach emphasizes partnerships with local development organisations to expand capacity, build sustainable institutions and affect change through training, partnerships, education, research and grant programmes.
We are looking for a Financial Manager. The position is based in Lyon, France. The candidate should have excellent French and English language skills, a diploma and/or experience in accountancy and financial management in the NGO sector.
Under the direction of the Head of Finances, the principal responsibilities include:
• Manage the day-to-day operations of accounting services, including accounts payable and receivable, partners, beneficiaries and donors, preparation of management reports, forecasting and year-end closing of accounts (knowledge of the accountancy system Quadra or any equivalent system is a plus)
• Preparation of and assistance in annual audit and project audits
• Tax declarations
• Cash and Bank management
Financial project management:
• Monitor project expenditures and provide project managers with regular information,
• Support to the project manager in verifying partners’ financial reports
• Preparation of financial reports in accordance with donor requirements (knowledge of EU financial requirements is a plus)
• Assistance in budget preparation and proofreading of project documents
• Administrative tasks linked to the NGO environment (knowledge of French association sector is a plus)
• Support team members on administrative matters
• Management of the office equipment and supplies
• Assist in contract management (knowledge in French labour law is a plus - Pay slips are prepared by third party)
• Communication with insurance as well as social security- and governmental- bodies
• Review employee travel expenses
Required qualifications and experience:
• Diploma in accountancy
• Related work experience
• Excellent written and spoken English and French
• Very good Excel spreadsheet, Word and PowerPoint skills
• Previous experience in submitting financial reports to Donors is a plus
• The position requires a self-starter with plenty of initiative and the ability to multi-task.
• Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
• Previous experience in an international NGO based in France/Europe is a plus
Working location: Lyon, France, and occasional business travel abroad.