ERIM (formerly known as IREX Europe) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative programmes to promote human rights, strengthen independent media and civil society. The ERIM approach emphasises partnerships with local development organisations to expand capacity, build sustainable institutions and affect change through training, partnerships, education, research and grant programmes.
ERIM is looking for an experienced Media and Media and Information Literacy (MIL) trainer / Project Manager to work with our team in implementing media development, MIL and civil society projects in Europe and in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
The position is Lyon-based, with potential for travel.
Europe Erasmus+ project:
• Attend a Media and Information Literacy Training of Trainers
• Develop and implement MIL trainings and mentoring in France for teachers, educators and librarians.
• Provide support for the implementation of different donor funded projects, directly managing projects and working with partners and other Project Managers on administration, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and project tracking.
• Identifying, researching and developing new opportunities and applications for funding within ERIM’s mandate and using ERIM’s specific skills and capacities.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant field of study (media, communication, journalism, development, social studies, international relations, etc.) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• At least five years’ experience in international project management in the fields of media development, media and information literacy, civil society development and / or human rights promotion.
• At least two years’ experience in implementing media production trainings (video, podcasts, multimedia outputs, etc.) for adults and / or youth.
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Willingness to travel internationally and work on a flexible schedule
• Strong team working and communication skills
• Excellent computer skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
• Fluency in written and spoken French and English
• The right to live and work in France is mandatory
The following criteria will be considered as an advantage:
• Experience and knowledge in the Media and Information Literacy field.
• Understanding of the civil society and media landscape in North Africa.
• Proven previous experience in new business development, grant and service contract design and writing
• Arabic language skills
The contract will be a French CDI (full time, 37 hours / week)
Gross salary is 2450 EUR/month, with 100% health insurance and 100% public transports covered, flexible working hours and up to 2 days working from home allowed as per ERIM “charte de télétravail”.
ERIM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression.
If you are interested, please send a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
before the 11 march 2022. If pre-selected, you will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.